Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday Favorites: Swiffer Vac


(Just to start, I want to say that I am in no way being compensated for this review. Bummer.)

Okay, so a lot of you seemed pretty shocked that I Swiffer my house every day.

See, when you have TWO long haired dogs...each of whom weigh over 80 pounds...well, it's not just my neurosis taking over.

The amount of hair is staggering.

I'm actually shocked that the dogs aren't bald by now.

I have no idea where it all comes from, but what I do know is that I find fluffy tumbleweeds of fur blowing across my wood floors.

Too often.

It's disgusting.

The Swiffer Vac is my BFF.

It sucks up those pesky hairs in an instant. And really, it only takes me about 10 minutes to do my entire first floor. Not to mention, that there is almost always a baby in the non-swiffering arm. Easy peasy.


I use the dry cloths for everyday use. And I have a tub of the wet cloths for times when I feel like the floor could use a little cleaning...but I'm too lazy to *actually* clean it with floor cleaner and a microfiber mop doohicky.

I buy the refills at Costco...SO much cheaper...but I think I might even cut up old rags to the right size and try that when I run out. With as often as I Swiffer (since when did that become a VERB???)...it might be a good way to save some money.

Cons?
It's a bit expensive. ($28 at Target...but you can get a $5 coupon at their website).
The refills can get pricey depending on how quickly you burn through them.
The rechargeable battery loses its umph after a while...in fact, this is my second Swiffer Vac...the first one lasted about 3.5 years before I had to toss it out and replace it. The battery just wouldn't hold the charge anymore. So sad.

Anyway, if you have wood floors, a regular Swiffer is lame. Buy the vacuum one.

And while you are at it, tell Swiffer to pay me for the glowing review.

Bums.

***

The Winner of the Material Gal Fabric Bundle is:

Liz!!!

Happy Friday!!!

7 comments:

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

Thanks for sharing! I think the Swiffer Vac is just the thing I need. Perfect for our floors and easy to store. Blessings!:)

joy said...

i gotta get me one. i've just been too lazy to go and do it.

Meghan said...

We just moved to a new house with wooden floors and the swiffer vac is my new best friend! I buy the Target brand refill pack, which are cheaper and work just as good. Just a little FYI!

Sugar Plum Invitations said...

Wow.. your house is so much cleaner than mine. Once Emma stopped crawling and started walking, I got very lazy with the sweep/ mopping thing!!!

J.J. said...

Now I need to go get some wood floors installed floors just to use buy and use swiffer vac!!!

Marcia Rocha said...

she's not over exageratting when she says within a day there are "tumbleweeds made of doghair" trust me i would know(:

i kinda miss swiffering? your house everyday! haha

Serenity Now said...

I have to chime in here and say that I too am a daily vacuumer/swifferer. With 3 cats and big dog, I have the same tumbleweed problem...not to mention I'm allergic, ha! Swiffering has made my life easier, but I agree with the battery charging issue - bah.