Wednesday, November 18, 2009

4 month check up


Lucy: 50% for both height and weight.

Jill: 10% for weight, 25% for height.

I can't remember how much they actually weigh. And I can't find the little paper where they wrote it down...but it was like 10.5 pounds and 12.5 pounds...

Poop.

Can you tell I'm still sleep deprived????

Jill's tremors and shakes are long gone. She hasn't done it in a while. That, or I've gotten used to it and don't notice anymore...

But, she's really wobbly. She can't hold her head up for very long, and when she does, it's not steady. She doesn't reach up for toys and she's just....kinda floppy...

Doc said that because she could smile, track with her eyes, and roll from her belly to her back she was on track and in the normal range for her age. He admitted that she was on the low end of normal, but that she passed the three big tests. If she doesn't gain more strength in the coming months, we'll have something to worry about, but for now, there are no major red flags...but we have to start keeping a close eye on it...

Lucy on the other hand falls in the very high end of normal in terms of her strength. The kid is ready to take off crawling any day now (a bit of an exaggeration, but she does scoot and push off with her legs if on her belly). So, the doctor pointed out that because I have two babies...and they are both on opposite ends of the spectrum, it makes Jill's progress look worse than it is.

Anyway, that was pretty boring, but that's what I got for today.

Later sk8er.

4 comments:

lynette said...

Are you kidding? It's NEVER boring! I think there's a bigger difference between their weights than that, but I'm so happy they are both healthy, happy little girls!!!

Mary Kay said...

How could news about my granddaughters be boring? I haven't asked about Jill's tremors, so I'm glad to hear that they are gone. She is looking more animated in pictures too. I agree with the doc that it's hard with two babies at different points on the development continuum. Glad you have the therapy continuing. Prayers are continuing too. Love you all.

Joanie said...

Every little positive tidbit is a big thing and gives hope! Thanks for the stats. Keeping you in prayer.

Mama Mote said...

Glad to hear the positives. You're girls are growing beautifully. And just getting anything is always interesting and fun - keeps me updated. I love hearing about your family. Hope to see you while we're in SLO for the week.