I've been wanting to make one of these Family Rules canvases for a while now. I have the perfect place to hang it on a particularly empty wall above my kitchen table. I finally went to the craft store, bought all of the supplies, and I'm sitting down to get started on it...
Nicole did a great job of coming up with rules, and while I don't want to copy her every detail (although it's tempting!), I want to be sure to incorporate things specific to OUR family...
So, I'm trying to hone down the rules I want to include before I go finishing it up.
Here's what I got so far:
1. Obey Your Parents
2. Be kind always
3. Sing silly, dance crazy, hug often, snuggle much, say I love you
4. Forgiveness is mandatory
5. Have fun, ask first, no fussing, no whining
6. Always tell the truth
7. Encourage your siblings…share in their joy
8. Husband hug your wife daily & wife always be on his side
9. Never follow an apology with a but…
10. Keep your promises
11. Use your manners – yes, please, thank you
12. Always give to others first
13. Too much TV is bad…too much reading is good
14. Use nice words…ignore dirty ones
15. Bless your food, be grateful, eat together, clean up after yourself
16. There is no such thing as “mine” in this house…it is all God’s
17. Say your prayers…thank God for this family
I don't want much more than 17 rules...or it will get unruly. (You can see that most of these are copy cats of Nicole)...but do you have any ideas or other possiblities I can use? I hate to just copy her rules, but honestly she did a great job on them...not to mention that my brain is going blank on me!
What would YOUR family rules be? (Maybe I can steal a couple of yours!)