Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

This 4th of July was probably the most laid back 4th we've had in a many years. Typically, we host a party and have lots of people over. This year, because we had no idea what would be going on with my pregnancy, we kept it simple by going to the church picnic and then celebrating just as a little family. It was nice. Different. But nice. I do look forward to doing a big shindig again, but this was a quiet change of pace.


Daddy worship has been at an all time high lately. The bond that these two have just melts my heart. I will also admit to being a tad bit jealous, but I think this is God's way of making Henry's transition for when the girls come that much easier.


I thought I'd get some practice holding two infants. Here is little Elizabeth and Mr. Isaac. They are about 2 weeks apart. Granted, I also have 2 babies in my belly, but it felt really unnatural and I was terrified I would drop one of them!

Mr. Competitive joined the gunny sac races and balloon toss (no pics of balloon toss).


And he was doing pretty well too...

Until apparently Cade fell into him...riiiight.

Then came the father/son three legged race and Henry jumped in there like nothing!


The kid thinks he's 16.


Then we went home, everyone napped and we did some fireworks in the cul-de-sac.

Henry thought these were "birfday candles" and kept trying to blow them out.

And he got a kick out of the fi-wooks. It was so cute to watch his eyes widen and to hear him tell you the colors "bue fi-wook!" "owange fi-wook!"...or when they would pop into starbursts "flower fi-wook!" or when the neighbors lit mortars..."fi-wook up in the sky!".

I love my life. So simple. So sweet. I wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments: