Thursday, February 26, 2009

Honesty and a Dance Dance Revolution

I'm all about being honest with your kids. I think it's important to help them embrace their strengths and understand what their weaknesses are...

When most kids dance, they kinda bounce in place and bob their heads.

Not my son.

He bounds around, jumping, flailing his arms, and even rolls around on the ground for extra umph, in a move I can only describe as acid-dipping-hippie-love-child-
with-a-drop-it-like-its-hot-shoulder-shimmy-for-a-hip-hop-vibe.

It is *hysterical*.

Andy and I look at each other and constantly wonder "Where did he pick this up??? Does he realize how ridiculous he looks???"








Now back to the honesty part of my blog post. It's adorable now, but if his dancing skills don't sharpen up a bit, my mommy duty will be to sit him down and explain that maybe, just maybe, he should do a lot of 'hanging out' at the prom. :)

3 comments:

Joanie said...

Okay, I'm going to need to see this in person. Henry is so cute.

He's not alone, either. I recently met another person besides me who claims to dance like Elaine from Seinfeld.

You know, dancing at the prom is overrated anyway. Unless he's at a very progressive school of course!!!

Kristen Borland said...

are you kidding? he's going to be a hit at prom. probably will be crowned prom king. he has the looks to pull it off.

Brianna Heldt said...

i'm with kristen! no one wants to see boring dancers at prom! he'll be a hit for sure!