Sunday, July 29, 2007

FINALLY!

Got Henry's baby announcements in the mail...so check your boxes in the next couple of days! I've had them in hand for a few weeks now, but have been waiting on getting a good birth announcement-worthy photo for it. All of the photos I had taken already, while cute, were too candid. I tried taking my own "artsy" photos, but learned quickly that photography is not my fortay (Translation: I suck at it.). Toyed with the idea of Sears, only to find that they have a 3 week turn around on their photos and they're pretty expensive (especially when you need 150 wallets!). Finally, I found a guy on Craigslist who is starting up a photo business, and was willing to take the pictures for free and give them to me on a CD, in exchange for signing a waiver allowing him to use any of the photos for promotional purposes. Sign me up! Well, I should have known, you get what you pay for. Not to be mean, but out of 40 pictures, only about 5 of them are okay...the ones I've posted here are the better ones, and they're cute, but I was really wanting a nice one of Henry by himself and didn't really get one. (I think the guy's biggest "problem" was that he seemed to be in a hurry. Henry was fussy and needed nursed, but I didn't really feel like the guy would want to wait the 15 minutes. So, any of the cuter Henry photos include that darned Paci, otherwise, he was crying or making a funny face.) But, by the time all of this transpired, Henry was already 5 weeks old and I didn't want to wait any longer. So, I used one of the better ones...they came out a little darker than I wanted, but I was over it by this point. Isn't it amazing how sometimes the most seemingly simple tasks turn into the biggest debacles???

Me & Henry. His hair...ugh. Poor kid.

The first official family photo.
(You are all so sweet for still being friends with me even though I'm so fat.)


A cute one of Daddy & Son.

His precious toes (this one is my favorite).

Another nice one of the boys.

The announcements are darling, thanks to some very amazing (and patient!) design work by Becky at Sugarplum Invitations. I'm very pleased with the way they came out. I just wish I could have gotten them out a little sooner...people are going to get them and be like "isn't the kid like 5 by now?!" And, it's kind of funny because most of the people who I sent an announcement to not only already know Henry was born, but they've met him...so it seems kind of funny to send them an ANNOUNCEMENT. Strange little cultural habits we have when you think about it...

Had a great weekend...Henry's Great Grandma, Great Grandpa and Aunt Diana came up to visit. Granny had a great time cuddling with the baby and he enjoyed all the extra attention and love.

8 comments:

lindsey said...

you crack me up! i also love the picture of henry's feet - very cute to capture his tininess when so soon he'll seem huge (like a monster;)). and i don't think you're late at all for getting the announcements out. i actually think you're doing pretty good on time!

Diana Fabricio said...

yeah finally home, im going to give him so much attention that was nothign wait till he can walk and talk, there will be many trips to disney, toys r us, chucky cheese , sea world etc....... see ya soon miss u guys already

BeckyandTroy said...

Yipie.. they are in the mail:-) I'll have to blog about them later in the week:-) You're too kind!

Lisa Leonard said...

i still haven't gotten matty's annoucements out--he really will be five years old. actually i made a sample and put it in his baby book and that's the end of that--he doesn't have to know he was never 'announced!!'. can't wait to see. the pics are sooo sweet. xoxo

Jacquelyn said...

great pictures! FYI I've had the best results at JC Penny (especially with their new system) and with the smile saver club thingy it's not too expensive. You might want to try it out if you still want one of you and Henry while he is still little.

Mary Kay said...

Love these pictures, and you look great, Jeannett. Looking forward to the announcement arrival.

Love you all.

Carrie Haughey said...

I got mine! I got mine!!!

So cute! such a precious picture! I love it!

Rachel said...

I addressed Ainsley's last night and she was born April 20th. We decided to stick to family and out of state friends as, like you said, everyone has already met her, or seen a multitude of pictures on the web. I think you are still ahead of the curve on this one! I love the feet picture too!