Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Snow White & Rose Red


A sweet friend sent the girls a gift (and a special truck for big brother...thank you!). Included in the package was the book Snow White & Rose Red because it reminded her of Lucy and Jill. I actually remember this book from my own childhood!

And boy is it TOTALLY my girls!

"One sister was fair haired and she was rather quiet and gentle. In the summer she like to wear, in her hair, a rose from the white rosebush. She was called Snow White. (That would be my Jill).

The other sister was dark haired. She loved to run about and skip and dance, and she was always lively and gay. She liked to wear, in her hair, a rose from the red rosebush. Her name was Rose Red.
(Oh sweet, crazy, loud LuLu!)

Snow White and Rose Red were devoted to each other and often vowed that they would stay together as long as they lived. They shared everything and whenever they went out, they walked along hand in hand."

The story goes on to say that the girls "...kept their mother's cottage so clean and tidy that it was a pleasure to go into it."

Oh please God, let it be so! :)

The difference in their coloring may be hard to tell here because they are both little baldies on top...but Lucy is definately a dark haired girl and Jill is my blondie!

I've been asked multiple times when out with them: "Are they identical?" To which I have to bite my tongue from saying "Are you blind?"

I mean really...they don't even look related. And no, it's not an optical illusion...Lucy really is *significantly* bigger than her sis!

6 comments:

Joanie said...

These BEAUTIFUL girls are such a blessing! I know with you and your wonderful, deep, honest and funny thoughts that they will be beautiful on the inside as well!

Gorgeous.

Kristen said...

Been reading your blog for awhile now & was thinking of you last week while on a flight from N.Y. to L.A. There were 7 month old b/g TWINS seated next to me, & it was oh so fun to get to "know" them during that long trip!

So you have people asking if yours are identical, but this woman had 3different people ask if they were both girls! Um, the girl was dressed in PINK and the boy was dressed in BLUE people! I realized then how EXHAUSTING it must be answering twin-related questions all day!! Ha ha. But this mama was so patient & lovely...& about a size 2 I might add. Grrrr...ha ha! I wanted to ask how she looked so dang great. She was gorgeous!

Priscilla Rynning said...

PRAISE GOD! PRAISE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! You got the package!!!! I was ready to drive down to that address and be not-so-nice about "stealing" my friends kids gifts *shame face* When did you get it? How did you get it?

Priscilla Rynning said...

I'm sorry, I got so excited that you got the pkg that I didn't comment on how ADORABLE the girls are and how sweet and cuddly they look and CHUBBY!!! How is Jilly doing?

Jeannett said...

Yes Priscilla, I finally got the package a few days ago. I should have emailed you to let you know...sorry!

Serenity Now said...

What a perfect book for them! I love the pictures...Lucy looks all "knock it off with the pictures mom" and Jill looks all "whatcha DOIN?".
So cute - they've changed already...it's going to be so amazing to see how they grow up together and yet be so different!