Friday, September 4, 2009

Potty Training


EPIC FAIL

Remember this post?

So we tried it.

For FIVE days.

He was having NONE of it.

Is it because he doesn't understand?

Because he doesn't know how to hold it?

Because he doesn't know the feeling?

No.

It's because he's *stubborn*.

Headstrong.

Not gonna budge.

No sir.

He would hold it...hold it...hold it...

and then when he couldn't hold it anymore...

"Mama, I want a diaper."

"No Henry...let's use the toilet like a big boy"

"No mama. I want a diaper."

And on and on this would go.

Until he eventually peed his pants because he just couldn't hold it anymore.

And no he didn't cry when this happened.

He'd come tell me:

"Mama, clean it."

Nice.

So, he gets it.

He just doesn't wanna.

I tried candy.

Begging.

Pleading.

Making HIM clean it.

Offers of new toys.

Trips to the park.

"Do you want some M&M's?"

"No. I want a diaper."

Seriously.

So, I gave up. I'll try again in a few months.

Back to changing size 5 diapers.

Ick.

8 comments:

andy gibson said...

Stubborn? Gee, I wonder where he gets that from, wife?

Mommy3 said...

You're quite ambitious to take this on now. I'm sure you've heard this, but he's had a lot of change in his world. He might not be ready for another just yet. Maybe he misses being the baby and this is his last tie to that. Mom does this for the babies why not me?

I'm so there right now. I can get mine to pee. He likes standing up "like a man." I have to remind him and take him to the toilet all the time. He takes absolutely no initiative, but we cannot get him to #2 in the toilet. It's a constant battle.

Jeannett said...

Yeah, I know. I was hoping he would take to it as easily as he did going to a big boy bed...it was totally self serving...just wanted to cut back on diaper changes around here...I"m not pushing him...just hoping and a wishin'...it was worth a shot!

:)

Unknown said...

Darling nephew--you WERE looking into the mirror when you made that "stubborn" comment weren't you?? Have fun with your stubborn cousin this weekend!!

Love you tons :-)

Brianna Heldt said...

Kaitlyn's not potty trained yet either (she wears size 5 diapers too. :) ) But I make no apologies for not having done it yet. I'm busy, baby's on the way, yeah just not gonna happen right now. (On a side-note, Biniam was tricky to potty-train b/c he genuinely DIDN'T CARE if he peed his pants. He'd just keep on playing. That makes it hard!)

Cham F. said...

Size 5? Wow, he's meaty!!

Mary Kay said...

Andy Gibson - you are so calling the kettle black! By the way - you were not very interested in being potty trained long ago. I agree with Mommy3 - Henry can use this to stay your baby. Of course this is not a conscious decision, but makes you crazy none the less.

See you tomorrow! Yay!

Katie Lady said...

Ditto on the too stubborn to pee in the potty act. Got one of those myself...and I think stubborn is a hereditary trait for sure, but mixed from both parents! :\