Sunday, October 14, 2007

9 Days

The night before I went back to work, I half-jokingly said to Andy "Ok, let's place bets: how long until Henry gets sick from being around a bunch of other kids at daycare?" I don't quite remember what my wager was, but I think I said something like 4 months.

It's a good thing I'm not a gambler.

After a paltry 9 days of daycare (remember I work from home 2 days a week, so he only goes three times/week), the kid has a cold. We went to Lily's birthday party yesterday and he was fine. Put him down for the night, and woke him up to nurse at 10:00 (right before I go to sleep). I thought he seemed a little congested, but I attributed it to being asleep. At midnight, he could hardly breathe through his nose from the stuffiness.

He's happy as a clam, no fever, snot is clear. But, still a cold nonetheless. We'll be missing church this morning since I can't take him into the cry room or the nursery. Poor dad has to drive up by himself since he has to do sound and can't skip with us.

Dear God, it's me, Jeannett. I know things could be soooo soooo much worse. I'm not complaining. But, I am asking that maybe you can help me out and please end this string of seemingly endless trials. None of them have been horrific in and of themselves...but all piled up one after the other, it's getting to be a bit much for me to handle. Please make Henry's cold go away soon and give me the strength to get through this season in my life. Amen.

8 comments:

Carrie Haughey said...

everything went smoothly, don't worry! We had you covered! Praying for Henry to get better soon!

Rachel said...

To be honest, my kids get sick at least once a month form the church nursery and preschool. It's inevitable. We pretty much avoided all people Aubrey's first year, she never got sick, but we never got out either! Hang in there!

Lisa Leonard said...

Hang in there! I hate it when my kids get sick. hugs!!

joy said...

i hate it when the kids get sick, too. it's such an inconvenience especially when it's something like a cold when they aren't feeling really icky, but you can't take them around others. all i can say is, it's helping build his immune system for later, right? and the cold/flu season doesn't last forever (even though it seems like it)

lindsey said...

soooo.....ummmm....did you happen to notice that my kids had runny noses yesterday? maybe daycare is not to blame. so sorry!

Jeannett said...

Lindsey-
I highly doubt it was your kids...I'm no doctor, but I don't think he'd start being sick only a few hours later. Besides, him getting sick would explain his insatiable hunger the day before (when I had to go pick him up early because he had gone through FOUR 6 oz. bottles by noon!).

lindsey said...

thanks for letting me off the hook!

Brianna Heldt said...

so sorry he got sick!!! hope he's feeling better!